Head of Development
London, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Head of Development to work alongside our CTO. In this role, you’ll be required to grow and mentor our world-class team of innovative and passionate engineers, further developing and fostering our high-performance culture. You will be responsible for growing, maturing, and leading the team to keep pace with the rapid evolution of our product suite.
- Developing and maintaining features for our financial services products
- Review technology, development methodology, and best practices while balancing the creation of new functionality, immediate needs of existing customers, and management of architecture and infrastructure.
- Work with our CTO to define and drive technical strategy and architectural vision.
- Establish an engineering culture of quality where verification/validation occur at every step. Drive an architecture that facilitates quality and a process that enforces it.
- Promote a culture of innovation and collaboration, both within Ironfly and with our customers
- Build your own tech team from the ground up
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience of both internal employees and vendors.
- Experience in building real-time scalable multi-platform solutions including Web technologies (HTML5), Mobile (IOS, Android), NodeJS, MongoDB.
- Deep knowledge in cloud based and private server deployments to understand the complex Ironfly ecosystem that requires multiple devices of different operating systems to be synced constantly.
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills, good listener, ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table and be an advocate of the user.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational delivery.
- Trained in Agile methodologies particularly in Scrum
- Has worked for a start-up / VC backed company
- Has worked in Financial Services
Who are we?
We’re Ironfly, we’re a small but rapidly growing startup, building cutting edge B2B software for the finance industry. We’re a dynamic, fun and friendly team - we work hard, but we reward and recognise contributions. Our working environment is ambitious, creative, collaborative and passionate.
We build our technology with NodeJS, MongoDB and HTML5, and are always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to build software that has a real impact for our customers. We build incredibly high quality software, no shortcuts. We solve interesting problems with large sets of real-time data and displaying that data in complex visualisations, and are revolutionising the way that our customers interact with their financial data.
We invest in our people, we recognise that we are only as good as our employees and so we’re looking to hire the best of the best. In turn, you will get to work in a supportive environment with other people who are excellent at what they do.
Send us your CV along with any other information you’d like us to take into consideration (any projects you’ve worked on, Github profile, a link to your blog etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be in touch. If we think you might be a good fit for our team, we’ll arrange to catch up for a chat.